Friday, April 19, 2013

Sergeant Pepper Clothing

So, I'm a big fan of all things sartorial. I'm not necessarily into high fashion. I get it, and I appreciate its space within the fashion world. But for me, true fashion lies with the layman. Hence my massive interest in blogs such as The Sartorialist, where the pursuit of street style is the basis of his endeavours.

I had the privilege of meeting Zak Venter recently through a mutual friend. Before this, however, I was already in awe of the Sergeant Pepper Clothing range. Stylised, artisinal clothing, where the attention to detail reigns supreme, and the final product is a celebration of honest fashion and locally produced wares. Zak has a passion for local South African creations, and whatever it might be, these goodies should be celebrated and supported now more than ever. He's another massive inspiration, and I always wear his clothing with a sense of pride. Check out this video for the shoe range and the process behind the making of a pair of these beautiful daisy roots...



No comments:

Post a Comment